- This event has passed.
Iowa Local Food Day
What will you be eating October 11, 2018? Help celebrate Iowa’s local foods in your school through a grant opportunity, IDALS is creating an “Iowa Local Food Day” state wide celebration. This event will bring together all sectors of Farm to School. Unifying the state in a local food project will:
- Aid food service directors in making local procurements
- Engage more growers in growing and selling produce in schools
- Allow Farm to School activities to expand beyond fruits and vegetables
- Help growers ramp up sales by working with Summer Food Service Programs
- Raise awareness of farm to school across the state
AND…Let kids experience the goodness of Iowa foods
For more information contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.